I was disappointed to overhear a bigoted conversation between a couple of seemingly sweet old ladies sitting behind me at Panera the other day.
- The reason Jews haven’t been wiped off the face of the earth is because Christians have protected them. Israel exists because of us!
- Barack Obama is a Muslim, I don’t care what he says, he’s a Muslim. I mean, his middle name is Hussein, for God’s sake!
- I see the crowds Obama attracts, and it reminds me what happened at Jonestown.
- I don’t despise Obama, I’m scared to death of him. I don’t trust him. I don’t know him that well, but just because he’s inspirational doesn’t mean he’s a good man. Look at Hitler – he was able to inspire people. I feel like the same thing is going to happen with Obama.
- We’re not the United States of America – we’re a united global society because we welcome all these immigrants.
I’ve taken a break from politics since early November…and I have no desire to re-enter the discussion any time soon.